Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Server Management and Installation, Network Installation and Monitoring, Wireless Networks, Content Management, Help Desk Services, Content Management, Document Management, E-mail Hosting and Management
Works With:Microsoft Windows Terminals (Windows Terminal Services), Microsoft Windows XP Embedded, Office Communications Server 2007, Office Communicator 2007,... (more)
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Gen-i Work@Home enables organisations to allow their staff to work from home permanently. The foundation of this solution is a desktop delivery platform that leverages desktop virtualisation to extend the delivery of the corporate
desktop environment outside of office locations. This ensures that all staff receives a consistent user experience regardless of their location, whether that is in the office or at home.
A variety of options can be utilised to provide secure connectivity from the home to the corporate network leveraging both public and private (VPN) network connections. While an organisation’s existing carrier may be used, Gen-i is also able to supply communication
and carriage services providing an end to end solution. A thin client is the preferred user device providing a secure and managed operating environment for accessing the corporate desktop. A traditional desktop or laptop can also be utilised however a thin
client has a much smaller environmental footprint and with no moving parts it has a much longer lifecycle.
The Gen-i Work@Home solution includes the following features:
- Single point of contact for the through Gen-i’s Service Desk providing end user support and MAC (Moves/Adds/Changes) services
- Onsite visits through Gen-i FieldForce for commissioning, decommission and support
- Client hardware, such as thin client device, LCD monitor, surge protector and telephone
- Voice support through PSTN or VOIP and Unified Communications
- Dedicated broadband service that is separate from an employee’s personal broadband
- Management and continuous improvement of the thin client image, desktop SOE, applications, architecture and overall solution
Gen-i Work@Home has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.