Strategy, Business Process Re-engineering and Transformation
At eSavvy we believe that you can’t disconnect technology implementations from business objectives and that any system implementation will involve components of business process re-engineering, strategy transformation and change management. eSavvy’s methodology for strategy, business process re-engineering and transformation has been tested through many engagements with large multinational and Fortune 500 companies. We have done work for many well-known Australian name brands.
At its highest level our methodology for guiding our clients through a technology transformation includes:
- Understanding what’s possible and breaking the paradigm of what has been,
- Extensive input and consultation. Understand stakeholder requirements both inside and outside of the organisation or departments in question,
- Detailed business process as-is and to-be mapping by experienced consultants who understand the nuances of the industry in question,
- A focus on effective change management,
- An incremental approach,
- Relation of the technology change underpinning the process change back to the business objectives.
We’ve learnt through many strategy and transformation projects that there are a number of "secrets to success" that every client should consider.
Keys to Success:
- Developing a business case and revisiting it throughout the implementation to ensure you are driving the benefits you said you would,
- Hiring a consultancy who can get the most out of the technology you have selected,
- Understand how the software can support the organisation’s objectives without wholesale rewrite. Configuration is preferred to customisation,
- Recognise the relationship between cost, scope and time and evaluate all the options along with the stakeholders before taking a course of action.
Strategy, Business Process Re-engineering and Transformation has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.