The Auto Tagger completely automatically categorizes SharePoint items and documents in background using taxonomy-based managed metadata or terms organized in the term store. By default SharePoint 2010 offers a manual tagging feature only.
Features and benefits:
- Increased productivity and precision while tagging SharePoint items and documents automatically based on given taxonomies / managed metadata.
- Auto Tagger could be helpful for initial tagging, e.g. after content migration from any system to SharePoint 2010, as well as for daily background operation.
- Taxonomy entry point (root node) is automatically chosen with respect to the current meta data column settings.
- List items are processed as well as documents and files located in SharePoint libraries.
- Properties of list items and documents are considered for tagging.
- The context of items and documents, e.g. site, list, library, folder is considered for tagging.
- The document or file textual contents are considered, if IFilters are available.
- Use of categorization rules is supported (e.g. one term is in document content while another term is not). High performance Microsoft .NET Framework bases rule engine.
- Fully integrated in out-of-the-box SharePoint tagging.
- Flexible background operation settings.
- 100% SharePoint 2010 technology.
The SharePoint Auto Tagger is available as component of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint 2010 or separately. The solution comes with a robust installer to allow it to be easily deployed within any SharePoint environment. It is available for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (any editions). There is a free Shareware Edition available for download.
Auto Tagger for SharePoint 2010 - Automatic Content Categorization has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.