SharePoint includes asset libraries for storing pictures and Envision IT has leveraged these features by building the Photo Viewer for SharePoint, a stand-alone application developed in Silverlight that is installed on SharePoint and added to web content pages to display photographs in a gallery format. The Envision IT Photo Viewer provides a rich end-user experience for viewing photos on a SharePoint web site. Skin the web part using Expression Blend, and add it to any content page in your site.
Users interact with the Photo Gallery to select one event from a listing of events and see a grouping of thumbnail photos from that event. The user then selects a specific photo, or invokes a slideshow presentation. All photos are stored in an Asset or Picture Library within the site and are easily managed by content authors.
The Photo Gallery exists as a page within the site and the Photo Viewer is designed to display each event as a clickable menu item. Applications may include display of corporate event photos, product displays and portfolios, and historical timelines.
• Rich display of photographs on a web page
• Easier sharing and management of photographs and images
• Photographs are more searchable once metadata is populated
• Image titles and descriptions are captured
• Users navigate through thumbnails, and view photographs as a slideshow and in full screen
• The Envision IT Photo Viewer supports SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint online
Envision IT Photo Viewer for SharePoint has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.