Envision IT has developed the Extranet User Manager for SharePoint as an addition to the standard capabilities included in SharePoint. This add-on extends the SharePoint functionality by providing customers with all the necessary tools to create accounts for users outside of their domain and then allow those users to view or use specified resources inside of SharePoint.
Customers can collaborate with external vendors, partners, suppliers and others in a secure environment with individual permission levels. The Extranet solution may also be used to provide access to employees who do not have active directory accounts or who are connecting from outside of the network.
The Extranet User Manager provides password management and lost password retrieval, a landing page for directing external users into the sites to which they have access, display and management of site access for users, and web-based account creation and management.
- Simplified creation and management of extranet user accounts without requiring access to Active Directory
- Self-service and business user web interfaces for setup of extranet users
- Welcome email with account validation and secure password setup
- Authenticated users are logged in seamlessly without having to enter their credentials more than once
- All users can now login using their email address as their username
- Password change and self-serve retrieval of lost usernames and password
- Display of all sites that a user or group has access to
- A Landing page provides extranet users with a list of sites they can access, making it easy to navigate
- Active Directory or SQL Server forms-based authentication
The Extranet User Manager supports SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online.
Envision IT Extranet User Manager for SharePoint has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.