Microsoft Lync Proof of Concept (POC)
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:UC, VoIP - Consulting & Deployment Services, Messaging, UC, VoIP - Custom Applications
Works With:Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft Lync 2010 Mobile, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Microsoft Lync Web App
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All, Healthcare, Manufacturing
ThinkTel is delighted to work with you to deliver a Microsoft Lync Proof of Concept (POC). A POC allows you to help other members of staff uncover the benefits of Lync and permits you to measure the output and actual costs of the solution before going ahead with the full deployment of the solution. The POC drives interest among your colleagues and creates a buzz in the organization, helping you complete the business case with more accurate information, as well as obtain business-wide acceptance for the full deployment of the system.
Our POCs include:
- Full Lync experience, including PSTN voice, exchange voicemail, audio/video conferencing and multimedia
- Full remote Lync install, configuration and setup for each user
- SIM-ring existing PBX phone numbers with Lync number
- SIM-ring Lync number to mobile or alternate PSTN number
- Outbound Lync caller ID masked to PBX phone number
- Lync contact list pre-populated with POC users and key partner contacts
- Lync Presence integration within existing servers including Exchange, SharePoint and Office
- Federation with @microsoft.com and open federation
- Lync mobility client available for Windows Phone 7, Android, iPhone/iPad
- Admin level web portal access to manage users and view usage statistics
- North American long distance included, international calling disabled
Our POC follows a simple 8-step process:
1. Discovery workshop: Requirements Assessment & identification of POC success criteria
2. Group selection & project kick-off
3. POC set-up & user initiation
4. Tailored group training
5. Performance reporting
6. Post-POC survey
7. POC Post Evaluation Meeting
8. Proposal for full deployment
Our POC is delivered with Performance Reporting to allow you to measure the success
- A Microsoft Viewable Portal offers reporting with various graphs, charts and indicators, demonstrating the progress of the POC.
- Reporting is leveraged to validate POC success criteria identified in the discovery workshop.
- Email Alerts to Project Management Team are set-up and linked to POC performance KPIs.
Our Lifecycle Approach: Customer Simplicity
- Start in the Cloud or On-Premise
- Remain or move to either deployment model for production
- Lifecycle wrapped with ThinkTel enterprise voice (SIP/PSTN) and Professional Services
- Customer Support through Microsoft Premier Support for Lync Partner (PSLP)
Contact us to ensure a successful Lync deployment and get people excited!
Microsoft Lync Proof of Concept (POC) has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.