Search and Share with SharePoint 2010
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Intranets, Extranets, Portals, Content Management, Document Management
Works With:Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Industry Focus:Financial Services, General - Applicable to All, Professional Services
WHY SMARTER WORKING DEPLOYMENT
Microsoft SharePoint helps to align business processes to support business goals. Outsourcery Professional Services bring that process to reality with a Smarter Working Deployment; a boxed and ready packaged SharePoint solution.
As Cloud Experts, the Outsourcery team have thousands of man-hours of SharePoint experience, offering initial set-up, configuration, outline training and on-going guidance. This wealth of knowledge is put into action when developing your SharePoint site and unlocks the potential of your investment.
The legal industry has stringent regulatory controls and all those practising law must have systems in place to ensure that client information is kept secure. For example: Outsourcery customer, The Legal Director, may not be a traditional law firm, but it still needs to adhere to the rules set by industry regulations.
- Determined to be ‘paper free’ but be able to share information and files securely
- Inconsistent file management and inefficient archiving methods
- IT growth needs to match growing business without a large price tag
- No collaboration tools or document sharing reducing efficiencies
Over the course of a three day workshop with the customer, Outsourcery recommended the following workflow improvements:
- Improve search functionality to include refinement panels, multi-level sorting, related searches, federated searches and context-driven search
- Create common workgroup sites to host content, empowering content owners and reducing IT involvement
- Create standardised eForms for content access privileges
- Simplify content publishing to intranet/extranet using built in workflow for approvals and reviews, as well as mandatory inclusion of metadata to improve search performance
By implementing the solution, the customer experienced the following benefits:
- All content, not just structured content, incorporated into search
- Critical information now more accessible, knowledge more discoverable, navigable, manageable, re-usable and workflows “smarter“
- Users can leverage easy / powerful metadata tools to uncover established information
- Social networking and social intelligence integrated into search
- Decrease in process related IT costs
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Decreased order fulfillment cycle time
Search and Share with SharePoint 2010 has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.