Software Asset Management
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Business Application Development
Works With:Microsoft Office Access 2007, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista Business
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Softcat, a Microsoft Gold Partner for Licensing with specialisation in Software Asset Management and License Delivery, have carefully designed their range of SAM services so that our clients can be assured of an end result that does indeed give you ‘management, control and protection’ of one your most valuable assets: Software.
Software Asset Management is no longer an optional accessory. SAM Policies and Procedures that are properly implemented, communicated and maintained are now vital to the legal, financial and competitive wellbeing of any organisation.
Softcat are able to advise on and implement successful SAM solutions, from suggesting Network Discovery Tools, to reviewing your SAM polices and procedures. Softcat's proven approach ensures successful SAM at all levels.
The business opportunity
Softcat believe that SAM presents a massive opportunity for every business. In the current industry climate business is being driven to not only ensure compliance and reduce risk, but also to ensure cost savings are made.
The benefits of good Software Asset Management are best described by the following headings.
SAM should facilitate the management of significant business risks including:
- interruption to IT services
- deterioration in the quality of IT services
- legal and regulatory exposure
- damage to public image arising from any of the above
SAM should facilitate cost control in the following areas:
- Direct costs of software and related IT assets, such as by negotiating better pricing through improved use of volume agreements, and by avoiding purchasing new licences when old ones can be redeployed
- Infrastructure costs for managing software and related IT assets, by ensuring that required processes are efficient and effective
- Support costs which are significantly affected by the quality of SAM processes, both directly within IT and indirectly within end-user areas.
Software Asset Management has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.