Control Content with SharePoint 2010
Microsoft SharePoint helps to align business processes to support business goals. Outsourcery Professional Services bring that process to reality with a Smarter Working Deployment; a boxed and ready packaged SharePoint solution.
As Cloud Experts, the Outsourcery team have thousands of man-hours of SharePoint experience, offering initial set-up, configuration, outline training and on-going guidance. This wealth of knowledge is put into action when developing your SharePoint site and unlocks the potential of your investment.
A customer made up of a number of branches and sites with complex needs and processes, such as United Utilities. Outsourcery worked to identify the following pain points:
- Multiple versions of documents resulting in a lack of consistency and control
- Need for on-going communication with both internal and external teams involved in business processes
- Processes needed to be streamlined
- Improved communication and efficiency throughout the life of the projects
Over the course of a three day workshop with the customer, Outsourcery recommended the following workflow improvements:
- Create a collaborative document portal for document development
- Add portal functionality to improve ability to track changes, compare and integrate
- Create searchable employee profiles containing employee skill-sets and contact
- Include shared calendaring and presence awareness functionality to determine
resource and SME availability
- Build searchable collaborative document repository and storage system
By implementing the proposed solution, the customer experienced the following benefits:
- Reduced cycle time to identify and assemble collaboration team
- Reduced cycle time to review, approve and consolidate document revisions
- Significant reduction in time to search for and identify content
- Increased content reuse
- Reduced labour cost to create documents
- Leverage experience and investment in Microsoft Office applications such as Word,Excel and Outlook.
Outsourcery is recognised as a world-leading and internationally award-winning Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and provider of unified communications (UC) solutions to businesses of all sizes and holds 9 Microsoft competencies.
Our Professional Services team are always on hand to discuss all your requirements.
Control Content with SharePoint 2010 has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.