Microsoft Office Communicator - OCS
Office Communications Server (OCS) simplifies and streamlines your communications by putting existing business applications and services such as instant messaging, video, audio and web conferencing, Live Meeting and desktop sharing at your fingertips. This enables you to hold face-to-face meetings to discuss projects, share documents and desktops, and view presentations with your colleagues, without ever having to leave your desk.
OCS features include...
- Instant messaging with text chat and file transfer - allowing real time information to be shared between employees immediately
- Group chat - communicate with the right people, right now
- Presence - your colleagues will be able to see if you're busy, on a call or in a meeting. So they will know when you're ready and available to communicate
- Desktop sharing which enables people to see other people's desktops - ideal for working on documents as you would in a meeting
- Voice and video conferencing
- Live Meeting - meetings can be easily scheduled in Outlook or to take place immediately. You can make remote meetings as effective as face to face ones, reducing the cost of travel and time
How does Microsoft Office Communications Server work?
- OCS monitors your ‘presence’ to check availability, so you can choose the most effective way to get in touch. And it’s quick because you don’t have to spend time trying to track down colleagues, even if they are based at another location or out visiting customer
What do you need to access OCS?
- Outsourcery will provide you with the software client to download in order to get the Communicator icon on your desktop and also to integrate with Outlook and access Live Meeting
Please refer to the specification on our website for more detailed information on customer requirements for this product.
Please visit our website to see how other Microsoft solutions may benefit your organisation and read how our customers benefit from working with Outsourcery: http://www.outsourcery.co.uk/casestudies/