Software Asset Management - Managed Services
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Asset Management
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Insight understand that each organisation’s Software Asset Management requirements will differ and as such, we can develop and package a range of services to meet these specific requirements. The following offerings are a flavour of our managed services, each tailored to bespoke requirements.
Hosted SAM Inventory and Licence Management Solution
This service has been developed on our Hosted Snow Software platform. This solution provides technical software inventory and provisions our licence reconciliation services to deliver an ongoing reconciled software position.
This can be delivered over a 12, 24, 36 month or longer timeframe with optional reconciliation frequency for a number of key software vendors.
Benefits of this service include:
- The hosted provision of a SAM technology reducing the upfront capitol of SAM technology licensing and infrastructure
- Utilisation of Insight specialist SAM and Licensing Consultants resource throughout the service to provide an efficient turnaround of data
- Negating the need to train resource on SAM technology
Provision of resource
Insight can provide specialist SAM resource to work alongside current ITAM and SAM teams either on customer site or remotely, to design, build and implement SAM strategy and policy and process creation and implementation. This can be as a project based exercise or to work within the BAU teams. Resource can be provided on a flexible, ad-hoc basis either on short or long term contract, part time or full time.
Examples of consultancy:
- Assistance in recruiting full time SAM personnel
- Onsite SAM training
- Management and Reporting of SAM databases
- Policy Design and Build
Contract Renewals Management
Many organisations struggle to manage and co-ordinate their overall software licensing, support and maintenance agreements. Insight can offer a contract renewals managed service which utilises Snow Software Licence Manager technology alongside our SAM consultants who are experienced in contract renewal management and procurement.
This service can be offered over multiple years as required and some of the key deliverables we can include as part of this service are:
- End to end process creation to underpin the contract renewals
- Repository creation to hold the terms and conditions information for each vendor
- Co-termination of agreements
- Consolidation and Rationalisation of agreements
- Termination of contracts no longer valid
Software Asset Management - Managed Services has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.