Windows Azure Assessment and Migration Package
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Business Application Development
Works With:SQL Database, Windows Azure
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
The key barriers to migrating an existing application to Windows Azure are:
- Understanding which parts of your application will and will not run in Windows Azure
- Understanding the time, cost and complexity of changing the non-compliant elements to run in Windows Azure
- Understanding the application running costs on Windows Azure
ICS Solutions have developed the Windows Azure Assessment and Migration Package to address these barriers in a predictable and cost effective manner. The package is a combination of the following services, tools and processes-
ICS Solutions Professional Services
– workshops, consulting, processes and management
ICS Solutions Azure running costs Calculation Tool
– provides a Windows Azure running cost estimate based on identifiable parameters
ICS Solutions Code Scanning Tool
– scanning managed code to identify, categorise and report non-compliant for Windows Azure.
SQL Server Scanning Tool
– scanning the SQL Server database to identify non-compliant elements for Windows Azure The combination of services and tools based automation achieves in hours, what would normally take days or
weeks to perform manually. This lowers the costs of investigating migration to realistic levels, and allows investment to be focused on the new platform rather than discovery of the old.
The options that the four phases offer you are:
- Phase 1 is a 3 day fixed engagement charged at £2,900.
- Phases 2-4 are all optional and are based upon the complexity of the application
The Windows Azure Assessment and Migration Package has been designed to help ISV’s and corporate customers to understand and estimate the costs of moving applications to Windows Azure.
Windows Azure Assessment and Migration Package has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.