Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Data Management and Migration, Accounting, Tax Management, Business Application Development
Works With:Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Prior Versions, Windows Server,... (more)
Industry Focus:Government, Transportation
e-One-Stop-Shop service is available 24/7, and is based on business processes reengineering. By implementing this service we have enhanced the work of Ministry of the Sea, Tourism, Transport and Development as well as the work of charter companies, thus increased their business efficiency and reduced the operating expenses.
Since the system started its operation in March 2005 until the end of October 2005, it has processed over 210,000 transactions. System has registered 321 charter companies with 2,432 vessels.
e-Charter system is used on 80 distributed Ministry’s locations. According to the standardized indicators set by the eEurope 2005 Action Plan, e-Charter system complies with the highest 4th level, therefore on 13th July 2005 first fully digitalized service has been established in Croatia.
SYSTEM'S STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES:
• Enable the electronic monitoring of all business processes related to charter boats and foreign yachts.
• Speed up business processes related to charter boats and foreign yachts between the Ministry and the outside organizations.
• Decrease the Ministry's amount of daily administration.
• Enable the outside organizations to independently and electronically perform all transactions with the Ministry.
•Provide the consolidated data for the entire Croatia in real-time.
• Communicate with the other government bodies and exchange data.
•Provides 24/7 service availability.
e-Charter application system is a part of IMIS (Integrated Maritime Information System), which is a set of information systems that are dealing with different business segments listed below.
Business Issue the Solution Addresses:
• Recording and registering foreign yachts.
• Boats crew lists.
• Registering and filing charter companies and charter boats.
• Financial transaction.
• Statistical reports, etc.
• Review of consolidated traffic data of foreign yachts and charter boats according to various dimensions (financial, geographical, demographical….)
Value of the Solution to Customers:
• Business process performance enhancement.
• Better business control over charter companies - extinguishment of “black charter”.
• Enabled the ability to forecast the tourist season based on the consolidated traffic data review.
• Lowered operating costs.
• Acceleration of business process.
• Enhanced business efficiency of the Ministry and all of the business entities that use the system.
e-One-Stop-Shop (e-Charter) has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.