Document Tagger is a sandboxed SharePoint solution, installed as a list app in a SharePoint site collection. It adds a new feature to SharePoint, and when activated it creates a button for automatic metadata extraction.
The actual tagging is done with a press of a button, but not until you have had a chance to review the suggestions and discard the ones you don't want. If you want to add your own metadata to the document, Document Tagger includes them and you can use them with the Document Tagger features.
With Document Tagger you can:
- Upload and tag a file in one flow
- Tag one or several files that are already uploaded to a SharePoint library
- Find related documents by clicking a tag
- Group keywords and metadata by category for a better overview
- Filter documents by tag
- Create views to show documents tagged with one or several keywords
- Create a page to show keywords and links to documents tagged with them on the same page
- Add a Tag Cloud Web Part to a SharePoint page.
Some of these are SharePoint features that Document Tagger helps you make better use of, others are new features that Document Tagger adds to SharePoint.
Document Tagger for SharePoint has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.