Are you or your organisation faced with one of these challenges?
• Have you ever tried to find a file on your file share and it just seems impossible because you are not quite sure what the filename is or where it is saved within someone else’s folder hierarchy?
• Has your organisation made the decision to migrate the files on the file share into SharePoint to assist with searching and retrieval but uploading one file at a time is NOT the solution?
• Do your end users have critical business files on their personal computers which need to be uploaded into SharePoint and assigned correct metadata but uploading files one at a time will take too long?
BatchPoint is a simple-to-use solution which allows your end users to record the location, content type and metadata of each file on your file share or personal computer in a familiar format. Your SharePoint Administrator uses this information to easily upload all files specified by the end user into SharePoint in a few simple steps. BatchPoint will validate each file, its content type and business metadata and upload it into SharePoint.
• Easy to populate file for end users – allow your users to capture information about files to assist with retrieval; your users are the best people to categorise your documents!
• Upload 10’s, 100’s or 1000’s of files into SharePoint in a few simple steps – SharePoint Administrators can use the CSV file supplied by users to easily upload as many files as required into SharePoint 2010 using a simple application
• Supports multiple file types, multiple metadata property types and SharePoint check in/check out functionality – BatchPoint will upload all file types accepted by SharePoint 2010, most metadata property types and will check in a file once it has been successfully uploaded. This process saves a user over 30 seconds per file uploaded
• Validation of your end users metadata – BatchPoint will validate each content type, metadata value and document library entered into the upload file
• BatchPoint is the fastest way to upload your files into SharePoint 2010 and assign the correct content type and metadata
• BatchPoint saves key business metadata against a file to assist in search and archiving
• BatchPoint reduces file duplication due to SharePoint’s strong taxonomy design
• BatchPoint assists with creating a single file repository which captures records management properties
• BatchPoint reduces the time needed by end users and SharePoint Administrat
BatchPoint for bulk uploading of files into SharePoint has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.