M4 Systems Advanced General Ledger (AGL) is the product of many years’ experience working “at the sharp-end” with users of Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains). AGL forms part of our Dynamics Plus suite of products designed to significantly enhance the standard operation of Dynamics GP.
Whilst Dynamics GP features the ability to create a chart of accounts up to 10 segments in length, in practice, this requires many hours of manipulation of data in Excel and manual imports into the system. In addition, this process typically needs to be repeated in turn for each company created. The end result is often a large Chart of Accounts with many redundant codes including irrelevant segment combinations presenting a huge burden for operators to code transactions using the standard windows of Dynamics GP. For this reason, many companies resort to using fewer segments to reduce the size of the Chart of Accounts and are therefore under-utilizing the true power of the system. AGL was developed to fully utilize the segment based structure of Dynamics GP and compliment the segment based reporting capabilities of Management Reporter and Frx. In essence, AGL provides the tools you need to create manage and operate a large Chart of Accounts easily and effectively.
- AGL is a Dexterity based application, fully system integrated resulting in unaffected standard GP data tables
- AGL is quick to implement and easy to adopt for new or existing Dynamics GP installations
- Quick and easy look-up of complex multi-segment codes
- Preview Charts of Accounts created before committing to Dynamics GP
- AGL has the flexibility to import segments from an Excel template. Users can also export existing segment values for easy updating of values
- Budget Amounts can be entered against individual segments - a new way of analyzing data within GP where Budget vs. Actual analysis can be completed at GL segment level
- Segment Attributes – allows additional information to be tracked against individual segments
- Powerful rules and templates can be defined based on segment range combinations to create logical groups of accounts
- Copy Charts of Accounts between companies
- Create a Master Company Chart of Accounts for control of GL accounts across all companies
- User-defined fields can be stored at segment level
M4 Systems provide solutions for Microsoft Dynamics worldwide.
Advanced General Ledger for Microsoft Dynamics GP has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.