The User Account Setup Web Part allows SharePoint users designated by an IT administrator to add users on their own rather than relying on IT personnel to create the accounts. You can create an Active Directory user account at the same time that you create the SharePoint user account. You can specify the Active Directory attributes as well as which SharePoint groups and permissions the user may have. The new user accounts are created without compromising the security restriction for domain access or SharePoint user and group security permissions.
- Allows SharePoint Administrator site group users to create users in SharePoint and Active Directory Services or Local NT at the same time
- Assign SharePoint groups and permissions along with ADS attributes from one location
- Central IT manager can enforce specified groups of site administrators who can create and maintain user accounts
- Automatic E-mail notification to user when user account is created
- Audit trail account activities
- Administrators have the option of using an Administrative Account to create users in SharePoint or use the logged in Web Part user’s account to create users in SharePoint (i.e. impersonation)
- Available SharePoint Groups for adding users can be retrieved from the Site Collection or the current site when configuring the Web Part
- List of NT Directory Services Security Groups to select from the tool pane
- Secure tool pane is only visible to user with Administrative Permission
- Language Translation available for the Web Part
Create AD User - Easy User Account Creation in AD and SharePoint has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.