iHomeServer is the solution for running iTunes on a dedicated headless computer such as Windows Home Server.
iHomeServer starts iTunes automatically when the computer starts, keeps it running and allows you to manage your iTunes library and playlists remotely via the Windows Home Server Dashboard.
It also makes it really easy to add new media to your iTunes Media Server through the implementation of Watch Folders which scan media folders on your server and add any media automatically to iTunes. Simply use Windows Explorer to drag and drop your media from any computer on your network to the server's Watch Folder, and it will be available within your iTunes media network.
Other key features include:
- Automatically starts iTunes on server boot-up
- Runs iTunes on systems with no sound cards without hacks or needing to install virtual sound cards
- Manage iTunes directly from the Windows Home Server Console
- Create multiple "Watch Folders" to automatically synchronise media folders with iTunes
- Edit your iTunes server's metadata and cover art remotely
- Automatically delete orphaned tracks
- iTunes Process Monitoring - restart iTunes if it crashes
- Supports native iTunes functionality such as AirPlay, the Remote App, iCloud synchronisation, Wifi Sync, and Home Sharing
- Use the Apple Remote app (for iOS) to remote control your iHomeServer’s iTunes instance and AirPlay your media library to all your favourite devices!
- Supports iTunes podcast management
- Supports Windows Server 2012 Essentials, WHS 2011, WHS v1, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7/8
Very Happy with IHomeServer
Read All 5 Reviews
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.