Lync- Voice Deploy
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Messaging, UC, VoIP - Hardware
Works With:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Windows Active... (more)
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Microsoft Lync combines the telephony features of a traditional IP PBX with presence, instant messaging, and conferencing. You can access the voice component of Lync from phones, PC’s or desktop applications. Lync voice can completely replace your existing IP PBX system all together.
To fully implement all of the Lync voice components you must purchase additional licensing. With the standard deployment of Lync you will receive internal Lync voice calling functions, but you will not be able to utilize the outbound calling capabilities.
The voice component of Lync adds several features and key functionality to your solution including:
- Traditional calling features: call by name, hold, forward, transfer, divert, park, retrieve, voice mail, and conferencing.
- Call Coverage: Delegation and Team Calling respectively.
- Call Queuing and Routing: Configure one or more Response Groups, with optional interactive voice response (IVR), automatic speech recognition, and synthesis.
- Choice of Endpoints: IP or USB endpoint, or the Lync 2010 Attendant soft-client.
- Anywhere access: anywhere with an Internet connection—no VPN or third-party solutions required.
- Use your network more efficiently: Use integrated call admission control to limit voice and video traffic on constrained network links.
- Deploy with confidence Take advantage of data center resiliency options and survivable branch appliance products.
- Lync Server 2010 Enhanced 9-1-1: with third-party routing services to automatically provide a user’s location during emergency calls and meet U.S. regulatory requirements.
- Migrate at the right time: Microsoft Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program. Move users over time, and retire your existing PBX when you are ready.
Lync- Voice Deploy has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.