SharePoint Analysis & Planning
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Data Management and Migration, Intranets, Extranets, Portals, Business Process Management
Works With:Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Internet Sites Standard, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Eastridge works with companies that need to upgrade an existing portal infrastructure or build a new departmental/enterprise portals; analysis and planning engagements are designed to give customers key deliverables.
Key objectives of the Analysis and Planning engagement are:
- Review overall company strategy.
- Understand the retrieval and use of content in the systems.
- Understand the processes and business requirements for content.
- Understand how the current content will be migrated to the new portal structure.
Key deliverables of the engagement are:
- Business requirements - including evaluation of current intranet, content and search requirements. Also includes current organization of content and how it is created and stored in existing formats.
- Solution design - defining the suggested organization and configuration for the specific business requirements of SharePoint.
- Target taxonomy - defining navigation, metadata and structure of the new MOSS site.
- Target infrastructure – Defines hardware configuration, backup strategy, and all connection points.
- SharePoint governance document – defining roles and responsibilities for the ongoing management of SharePoint.
SharePoint Analysis & Planning has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.