Dell's Unified Communications Proof of Concept Pilot
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:UC, VoIP - Consulting & Deployment Services, Messaging, VoIP/IP Telephony, Infrastructure
Works With:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft Lync 2010 Mobile, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Microsoft Lync Web App
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Dell UC integrates e-mail, chat, fax, voicemail, telephony, and audio/video conferencing with core Microsoft® Office applications, and provides a framework for supporting mobile users.
E-mail. Chat. Text messages. Cell phones. PDAs. It seems like every day there’s a new form of communication, and each one can offer your organization an innovative way to do business. The downside? Complexity. Too many devices, too many platforms, and too many conflicts.
What businesses need today is an integrated solution with a single interface, letting them capitalize on the power and flexibility of these communication tools without getting bogged down by complexity.
That solution is Dell Unified Communications. Dell UC integrates e-mail, chat, fax, voicemail, telephony, and audio/video conferencing with core Microsoft® Office applications, and provides a framework for supporting mobile users.
Dell UC also includes tools, tested configurations, and advice from Dell Infrastructure Consulting to allow fast, flexible, and reliable implementations—all from a single source you can trust.
With Dell UC, you only implement the features you need, when you need them. We have created modules that logically group UC functionality so you can incrementally expand your deployment as necessary, keeping cost and complexity under control.
- Integrate e-mail, voicemail, telephony, and conferencing to enhance productivity
- Build on your existing investments in telephony and data networks
- Helps reduce risk during implementation with Dell’s proven methodology
- Save time and money with a modular approach
- Ensure compatibility with reference architecture tested and validated by Dell
- Presence. Instantly know the availability of your colleagues.
- Instant Messaging. Send and receive text messages in real-time.
- Web and Voice Conferencing. Use your desktop PC for face-to-face meetings.
- Voice over Internet Protocol(VOIP). Make and receive phone calls over the IP network.
- One-click Communication. Click on a name in your Outlook directory to send an IM, make a call, or start a video conference.
- Mobile Access. Take advantage of all these features from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Dell's Unified Communications Proof of Concept Pilot has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.