Project Management Jumpstart
Service Type:Consulting, Professional Service
Business Need:Data Management and Migration, Project Management, Business Process Management
Works With:Microsoft Project Professional 2010, Microsoft Project Server 2010, Microsoft Project Server, Prior Versions, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Industry Focus:General - Applicable to All
Our Jumpstart approach looks at three major aspects of a project management methodology: Organization, Process, and Tools. We view each with a unique perspective and set requirements based on your organizational objectives.
Our Organizational review encompasses how your project management organization is structured. We evaluate how well it matches your company's culture, strategy and project management demands. Examples of roadmap goals include:
- Project Management Office development and maintenance plan
- Establishing project governance
- Guidance for project portfolio reviews and strategic evaluation of projects
Under the Process umbrella, we review your project management activities with an eye on standardization and improvement. Examples of process subjects include:
- Defining management methods
- Portfolio and project performance analysis
- Educating your team members on methods
Lastly, we look at your project management Toolset, anything tangible or technological that relates to or complements a project management process, and evaluate your needs. Common examples of tools we evaluate include:
- Enterprise Project Management platforms, including SharePoint, Project, and Project Server
- Workflows, including Nintex
- Business intelligence and reporting
Your organization must currently value project management or have the desire to, specifically:
- Undertake projects as a matter of course
- Recognize project management as a success criteria
- Want to improve or enhance their current project management methods
Project Management Jumpstart has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.