Mobisure - An insurance claims management solution designed for the Short Term Insurance Industry
Service Type:Hosting Service
Business Need:Customer Service, CRM, Data Analytics, Reporting, Business Intelligence (BI), Mobile Devices and Applications
Works With:Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft ASP.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio
Industry Focus:Financial Services
One of the paramount challenges facing the insurance industry in South Africa to date has been that it is administration and process driven. This, combined with the need for regulation and monitoring by assessors, has made it challenging for the industry
to improve its productivity and achieve its goals from a customer satisfaction and profitability point of view, until now. Traditionally, the industry has been reliant on the feedback and administration levels of their reparations suppliers in order to be
able to process client’s claims timeously and ensure good productivity.
The solution provides the facility for an insurance company to log a client’s claim on their in-house system this information is then reliable pushed through to their panel contractors via a website or directly to PDA. Once the contractor has the information
on his pda device, they can book, change, and re-schedule appointments according the client’s needs. Upon arriving at an appointment the contractor has the ability to produce a quote according to the damage claim that has been reported. The rates in the
quote are calculated according to the Insurers approved pricing list thereby reducing the potential untoward claims. The contractor will then synchronise the PDA, thereby transferring the relevant quoted information to the insurer for authorization, if it
is a business requirement of the insurer. Should authorization above a specified value be needed the quote is electronically pushed to an assessor (either external or internal assessors) who will then need to inspect the claim and provide feedback to the
contractor prior to work commencing. The application also allows contractors to supply an invoice electronically to insurer and to receive payment notification.
Benefits The benefits of Mobisure for the contractors are the following:
- Reduced administration and time taken for processing of claims resulting in a reduction of administration staff and flexibility in operations
- Instant reporting and access to information
- Faster reviewing of claims on the system for control and scheduling
- Fast settlement of payments due to instant information and processing
- Additional capacity for claims due to efficiency
- Customer satisfaction
The benefits of Mobisure for the insurance company are the following:
- A reliable form of distributing claim requests to contractors- Standardised quotes and invoices
- A quick and easy form of capturing a quote which automatically creates an invoice
- Faster payment and turnaround time
- Ability for the insurer to track the status of claims
- Internal Assessor has the ability to audit a completed job to ensure that there are no workmanship issues or fraudulent activities
- It offers a paperless solution - Reduces the administrative nightmare- Customer satisfaction
Before mobility was introduced, a typical supplier to this insurance company would be able to complete (depending on the claim and the supplier) between 2 and 4 jobs per day. With the Mobisure application, productivity has risen to the level of servicing
between 5 and 8 customers per day. Administration has been more than halved and customer satisfaction levels are at an all time high.
Mobisure - An insurance claims management solution designed for the Short Term Insurance Industry has not been reviewed by any customers.
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.