With the brand-new Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 now Collaborative Knowledge Management (CKM) becomes an approach to enabling organizational intelligence in the enterprise. Taxonomy is the key: Managed Metadata can drive navigation, discovery, relation, and re-usability of content. Managed Metadata provides a common vocabulary and can connect people to social networks.
While Microsoft has provided a state of the art API-based backend solution for taxonomy management and search, the Knowledge Management Suite for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is focused on improved content tagging and discovery:
- Tag Suggester for SharePoint 2010: While tagging an item or document, display a suggestion list based on given Term Store taxonomies, tagging rules, item properties, context and document content.
- Auto Tagger for SharePoint 2010: Tag items and documents in background without any user interaction, based on given Term Store taxonomies, tagging rules, item properties, context and document content. Auto Tagger could be helpful for initial tagging, e.g. after content migration from any system to SharePoint 2010, as well as for daily background operation.
- Taxonomy Manager for SharePoint 2010: Manage the Term Store with additional managed metadata properties (e.g. tagging rules, related tags), export and import, change management, workflows.
- Tag Navigation Web Part for SharePoint 2010: Harvest the value of collaborative tagging by using the SharePoint 2010 managed metadata taxonomy tree directly for content discovery and navigation.
- Tag Directory Web Part for SharePoint 2010: Render the SharePoint 2010 managed metadata taxonomy tree as flat A-Z directory category index directly for content discovery and navigation.
- Tag Cloud Web Part for SharePoint 2010: Navigate the content by its importance using a familiar taxonomy-based tag cloud.
- Related Content Web Part for SharePoint 2010: Automatically display related content in a given context using managed metadata.
The solution was developed 100% based on the new SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Metadata Management API. First components of the Knowledge Management Suite for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 will be available in July 2010. The shareware version is completely FREE to use.
Knowledge Management Suite for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.