With the Layer2 Tag Directory Web Part for SharePoint you can render Managed Metadata, Enterprise Keywords and Social Tags, right from the Term Store, as flat A-Z index or glossary of Terms as well-known from technical books using flexible templates. The tags can be linked to the SharePoint Tag Profile Pages, Wiki pages, custom pages or, alternatively, directly to the classified content. The SharePoint Web Part offers an additional content navigation to browse the corporate knowledge alphabetically - independent of the content store's structure.
Features and benefits:
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The Tag Directory offers an additional navigation, that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located.
- Company-wide glossary helps to build a common language: The web part also could be used as some kind of glossary, very helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
- Well-known navigation - no training required: Alphabetically sorted directories are very common and well-known, e.g. in technical books. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
- No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of tagging content using managed metadata.
- Flexible design and linking: The web part comes with flexible template-based output (XSLT).
- 100% SharePoint 2010 / 2013 technology.
The web part is available as part of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint 2010 and 2013 or separately. A free shareware edition is also available.
Tag Directory Web Part for SharePoint 2010 - A-Z Index, Glossary has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.