Record Cloning or Record Copying is one of the methods which can reduce the time spent on data entry, particularly if the data being entered is similar. Record Cloning or Record Copying allows you to create a duplicate record with the same values as the parent record.
Following system entities are supported out-of-the-box:
-Lead (+notes & related entities)
-Account (+notes & related entities)
-Contact (+notes & related entities)
-Case (+notes, activities & related entities)
-Price List and its related price-list items
-Opportunity (+notes) and its related Opportunity Products
-Quote (+notes) & its product lines
-Order (+notes) and its order lines
-Invoice (+notes) and its invoice lines
We have also recently added the functionality of Multi-Cloning...now you can create multiple copies of a record with a single click!!!
• Ability to clone System entities as well as Custom and their related entities.
• For Opportunity, Quote, Order and Invoice the related products are cloned as well
• Works on CRM grid as well as on CRM form.
• Copied record is automatically saved within CRM
• Once cloned or copied, the newly created record pops up on the User Interface.
• Works for even new fields as soon as they are introduced within the entity.
• Option to exclude fields that do not required to be cloned
• Works for all deployments and clients for CRM (On-Premise/IFD/Partner hosted/Online/Outlook Offline Client)
• This includes 1 year of FREE support from IOTAP
Please note that the latest version of Clone add-on does not require Silverlight
To enable cloning for Custom and their related entities, there will be some customizations needed.
The trial version of Record Clone add-on is available for immediate download and setup.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Record Clone or Record Copy has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.