ArcGIS for SharePoint leverages the framework SharePoint provides to offer interactive and configurable mapping components that can give you a geospatial view of your organization's data. The ability to visualize data geographically can be extraordinarily beneficial, as it has the power to reveal larger patterns and trends.
The following three main components are included with ArcGIS for SharePoint:
- ArcGIS Map Web Part—Web part that enables a rich display of SharePoint lists, ArcGIS Server services, and Spatial Data Services on an interactive map
- ArcGIS Geocoding Workflow—Spatially enables SharePoint lists that contain address data
- ArcGIS Location Map Field—Allows adding a column to SharePoint lists that displays the location of each list item on an interactive map
ArcGIS for SharePoint relies on the Microsoft Silverlight platform to provide a rich and impressive user experience. The following features and capabilities are included:
- Simple administrative interface for configuring map content in a SharePoint web part or list
- Use of ArcGIS Online, Bing Maps, or ArcGIS Server basemaps
- Display of SharePoint lists, ArcGIS Server map services, Spatial Data Services, or Microsoft Office document libraries on an interactive map
- Tabular display of and interaction with the data and results shown on a Map Web Part
- Display of a SharePoint list item location within a column that hosts an interactive map
- Simple configuration of shared properties using SharePoint lists
- Showing map data using simple, value range (class breaks), unique value, heat map, or clustered symbols
ArcGIS for SharePoint provides a robust set of geospatial tools that empowers you to better understand and extract meaning from your organization's data.
ArcGIS for SharePoint has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.