We assist clients that are utilizing multiple Process Lifecycle Management (PLM)/Electronic Document Management (EDMS) systems in the migration and/or customization of SharePoint 2007. Instead of investing additional capital maintaining or upgrading the current systems, we help our clients take advantage of a tool they already own and employ: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007.
Running multiple Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)/Electronic Document Management (EDM) solutions provides a set of technical and business challenges:
- High-cost of maintenance
- Deployed systems may be functionally disparate in technology, function and user-interface
- The system features may not be adequate to meet the current and future needs of the client
- The organization may lack the technical expertise to support the commercial systems or the staff required to effectively utilize the custom systems.
RDA provides our clients with many important benefits including:
- A customized user interface hosted within the client's MOSS environment which provides functions unique to the client’s business processes.
- Providing a simple, familiar, and consistent user experience instead of multiple disparate implementations. This simplifies and standardizes how employees interact with content, processes, and business data.
- Employees can easily use the deployed system to accomplish business activities without having to depend on IT or other support staff increasing productivity and reducing costs associated with support.
- Facilitate decisions by presenting business-critical information in one central location and one consistent format.
- Provide a complete process auditing and metrics to monitor and report work process status information.
- Employs SharePoint Search functionality to locate information stored within the system to easily and accurately help users find what they need within libraries.
- Provides a single, integrated platform and location to manage documents across the enterprise and with trading partners through extranet access.
- Helps meet business and regulatory requirements through comprehensive control over content by employing standard MOSS Records Management technology.
SharePoint 2007 for Product Lifecycle Management has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.