Today, SharePoint users who want to display list or SQL data have to use SharePoint Designer in order to create and modify the data view to display the information in the desired format. The Techtra GridView Web Part overcomes the issue by allowing you to create data views without using the SharePoint Designer.
SharePoint GridView is a connection consumer Web Part providing new and meaningful ways to view data in a standard SharePoint interface. Grid View Web Part uses a "pull" model of connectivity, and allows you to display large amounts of data from different sources like SharePoint lists, SQL, OLDB or ODBC without the need to write a single line of code.
GridView comes with a free Provider Web Part that supplies information to the consumer Web Part through a programmatic interface, offering additional benefits by providing the capability to display data from other SharePoint sites.
- Display SharePoint lists, SQL tables or views
- Set default sorting of the data
- Let users dynamically change the sorting and filtering settings
- Allow for easy configuration of the cache scope and the cache expiry time
- Configurable ECB menu columns and items
- Can use data column values in menu item action and link
- Users can add hidden columns to use in actions without displaying them
- Comes with an interface allowing the easy creation of other providers
SharePoint GridView WebPart has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.