An ever increasing number of companies are choosing SharePoint as a collaboration system. One of the main attractions with SharePoint is the ability to quickly build a shared information database through the use of Lists. SharePoint Lists can render data in multiple views to present the information in various formats tailored for use by different sets of users. These views can be a list, calendar or other custom views such as our Gantt chart view. One of the views that out-of-the-box SharePoint is missing is the Map View for SharePoint Lists that may contain geographic data. For example, address fields in a contact list or a customer list that is being used to manage sales and marketing information.
The Virtual Map View product allows users to display data points as markers in a Google or Virtual Earth map using a SharePoint List or SQL table or view as the data source. Note: This Web Part requires a separate purchase of Google Map Web Services.
- Display SharePoint list data as markers in a Google map with full navigation controls, such as zoom and pan
- Display SQL backend data list data as markers in a Google map
- User configurable marker information in pop-up, tabbed format
- Display data markers by selecting specific data from a SharePoint list view, including images
- Interface with Microsoft Virtual Earth Map Web Services
- Display multiple marker types, including custom images, to denote different types of data
SharePoint Maps - Display SharePoint List Data Geographically has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.