The Password Reset Web Part allows Active Directory or NT SharePoint users to reset their own password from an anonymous access SharePoint WSS site while also adhering to the standard security policies enforced by your organization. The Web Part can generate new temporary passwords online or use e-mail to send new passwords to end users. You can also set up custom ASP.NET pages for users to access this functionality outside of SharePoint. SharePoint Administrators can also restrict certain users from resetting their passwords, such as executives, high-level admininstrators, etc. to maintain access security.
- Users can now unlock and change their own password without calling IT for support
- Multiple levels of confirmations to ensure a secure transaction
- Email notifications can be sent to the system administrator each time a user resets their password
- Supports both Active Directory and NT domain account modes
- Restricts a specified set of user accounts from that can not be reset
- Require users to answer security questions to reset their passwords
- Supports multiple security zones, and forms based authentication
SharePoint Password - Reset SharePoint User Account Passwords has not been reviewed by any customers.
Submit A Review
The views and opinions submitted and expressed here are not those of Microsoft.